Discarded to Divine is looking for a Design Collection Management Intern! Duties would include managing the Discarded to Divine collection at the St. Vincent de Paul Offices on Van Ness, and assisting at events in the spring (the main event is on April 26, 2012). They are looking for someone to start in early January, working through mid-May, and able to commit 15 to 20 hours per week. The internship is unpaid, but it is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in event planning, fashion, home décor, design & merchandising, and the non-profit sector.
- Intern should have strong administrative skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher with experience using templates, graphic objects and mail merge to produce professional looking documents.
- Impeccable organization skills.
- Graphic Design skills, preferably proficient with Adobe Illustrator and/or InDesign (or at least one of the above).
- Should have some fashion design or merchandising experience (seams, dress forms, etc.)
- Must be able to commit to approximately 15-20 hours per week, to be arranged Monday-Friday between 10am to 5pm. Some work may be performed remotely as the internship progresses.
- Intern for this position must be available to work all day and into the evening on Friday, April 13, Wednesday, April 25 (daytime) and Thursday April 26 (evening hours). Intern will be needed certain days in February yet to be determined and flexibility with schedule a plus.
- Ability to take the initiative, to work independently and with little supervision.
- Access to a personal computer with a high-speed internet connection, email and Office software.
Submit a Letter of Intent, Resume and 3 References to Heather Ripley, Event Coordinator at email@example.com