One of our favorite sections in The Fashion World of Jean Paul Gaultier: From the Sidewalk to the Catwalk was the amazing collection of portraits just as you enter the exhibition. Each of the portraits features dresses from Gaultier’s Spring/Summer 2007 Haute Couture Collection – Virgins. The collection, beautifully displayed on mannequins singing a hymn, is absolutely stunning, featuring ethereal gowns and fantastic headpieces. And the images, specifically Immaculate Conception No. 3 (pictured above), are utterly arresting. The portrait, shot by Miles Aldridge, features model Alana Zimmer (who walked in the Academy of Art University Fall ’12 Fashion Show!) as the Virgin Mary. The colors are so vibrant – you can’t help but notice it.
We were so inspired by the portrait, that we created a Polyvore set to match. We hope it inspires you as you get ready for tonight’s JPG-themed Friday Nights at the De Young!
Follow the jump for a complete listing of items pictured.
– Immaculate Conception No. 3 – Portrait by Miles Aldridge – “Régina Maris” gown by Jean Paul Gaultier. Virgins Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2007 Collection. Model: Alana Zimmer.
– The Virgin with the Serpents – Portrait by Pierre et Gilles – “Auréole” gown by Jean Paul Gaultier. Virgins Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2007 Collection. Model: Kylie Minogue
– Viva Aviva “Laili” Warrior Cocktail Mini
– Valentino Rockstud Va-Va Voom Shoulder Bag
– Jimmy Choo Gladys Lace – Up Sandal
– Dannijo Beatrix Rings